WWE News Today – Eva Marie’s Replacement for Total Divas, Hulk Hogan Overseas Tour and WWE Return, Tommaso Ciampa Injury
WWE News and Rumors for May 19, 2017
- An NXT live event in Highland Heights, KY featured a tag team match of DIY vs Sanity that resulting in a no contest. This result was because the match had to be stopped after Tommaso Ciampa injured his leg with a dive off the apron. Ciampa needed to be helped to the back and will likely miss the NXT TakeOver special this weekend.
- Eva Marie being severed from WWE has caused the need to replace her on Total Divas. The front runners at this time are Alexa Bliss, Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch.
- Congratulations to Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan who have welcomed their first child into the world, daughter Birdie Joe.
- John Cena on the Playback Podcast mentioned that Southpaw Regional Wrestling will return in some form after heavily praising the promotion. Cena plays the role of Lance Catermaran on the show, a role he plans to reprise and admitted it was inspired by Gordon Solie.
- Legendary wrestling manager Jimmy Hart was recently a guest on Cerrito & 5 Starr, where he talked extensively about Hulk Hogan’s future. Hart used the cliché “never say never” style answer about if Hulk will ever return to the WWE and also revealed plans for a Hulk Hogan overseas tour based on the high demand from fans around the world.
- The Smackdown intro video has been changed as both John Cena and Nikki Bella have been removed from the opening. Superstar Shakeup acquisitions have been added including Jonder Mahal, Charlotte Flair, Shinsuke Nakamura, Lana, Kevin Owens and The New Day.
- Another Smackdown note about the preshow dark match saw Tye Dillenger defeat Aiden English. This match also be happening for the preshow of this Sunday’s Backlash PPV.