WWE News Today 5/1/17 – Jeff Hardy Gets Tooth Knocked Out, Ken Shamrock vs Brock Lesnar, Drew McIntyre
WWE News and Rumors for May 1, 2017
- During last night’s WWE Payback event, Jeff Hardy had a tooth knocked out after a kick from Sheamus. The Hardyz were still able o win the match, retaining the Raw Tag Team Championships. Brian the Guppy posted a clip of this on twitter.
- Ken Shamrock recently did an interview with Hannibal TV where he claimed that in his prime he could beat Brock Lesnar is a legit fight. He attributes this to Lesnar’s limited fighting skills and inability to be an effective striker. Also in the interview he stated that he should get another chance in WWE because he brought in all the moves that the talent is currently using. Wrestling INC provided a partial transcript of the interview.
- Billy Corgan has purchased the National Wrestling Alliance. This includes the name and all related trademarks including the NWA classic World Championship Title. This was reported by PWInsider.
- Drew McIntyre finished up all of his independent commitments outside the WWE and is now set to be there full time in NXT.
- Sean Waltman was unable to make an independent wrestling event overseas this past weekend leading many to fear the worst. Those close to X-Pac, namely Kevin Nash, say he’s great and that there is nothing to worry about.