WWE News Today – Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman in an Ambulance Match, “Broken” Hardys Gimmick in WWE
WWE News and Rumors April 20, 2017
- Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman at Payback is likely to be made into an ambulance match. This would play off Braun toppling over an ambulance with Reigns inside on a recent episode on Raw.
- WWE has plans to use the Broken Hardys gimmick in their product and are working with Impact Wrestling to work out an agreement where this may become a reality.
- John Cena posted a clip on twitter of himself doing crossfit, to which Seth Rollins responded “I knew I’d sucker ya in!” Rollins is an avid cross fitter.
- At last night’s NXT Tapings at Full Sail, Ember Moon may have been injured after crashing shoulder first into the barricade. This was during a battle royal that will air next month.
- After Smackdown went off the air Tuesday night in Louisville, KY, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Dolph Ziggler.
- Mike and Maria Bennett will join Smackdown, having been backstage for the past few weeks. This will be Maria’s return as she has previously been in WWE as Maria Kanellis. Mike Bennett will make his debut and it looks like NXT will be bypassed for a fast track to the main roster.
- Shelton Benjamin clears up falsehoods by stating that he is a free agent and not under contract with WWE, though he acknowledged this could change. Shelton was set to return to the point of getting vignettes on Smackdown, but an injury prevented both a return and a contact.
- Revival member, Dash Wilder is out with a broken jaw for 8 weeks. This is an in ring injury that happened while tagging with partner Scott Dawson to take on Shinsuke Nakamura and Hideo Itami at an NXT event in Spartanburg, SC. The injury required Wilder to have his jaw wired shut.
- Simon Gotch will now be known as Simon Grimm on the independents as WWE owns the rights to the “Simon Gotch” name.
Betting Odds on Who Will Dethrone Brock Lesnar and Become Universal Champion What Nightmares Await in Bray Wyatt's "House of Horrors" Match at WWE Payback?,