WWE News Today 7/1/17
WWE News and Rumors – July 1, 2017
- Original plans for SummerSlam would have seen Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman but now looks like it will be Lesnar vs Roman Reigns. This comes after Roman revealed he is the number one contender for the Universal Championship on Raw. Also expect Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax as well.
- A third Naomi vs Lana match for the Smackdown Women’s Championship has been made for the July 4 Smackdown Live. This comes after Lana posted pictures showing she had a shoulder up when the referee counted the pinfall Tuesday night.
- After a brief breakup, Paige and Alberto El Patron have reconciled and are once again a couple.
- A trailer for Armed Release but WWE Studios featuring Seth Rollins and Wesley Snipes has been released. This is an action thriller and there is no global release date as of press time.
- WWE has released a full match of Bianca Belair vs Aliyah in a Mae Young Classic qualifying match. Belair wrestles strong style and at one point slapped Aliyah extremely hard and the live crowd bought into this.
- Gunner, who had wrestled for Impact, debuted as Chad Lail at an NXT live event in St Petersburg Thursday night. He is expected to wrestle full time in NXT.
- Impact Wrestling will be re-branding as Global Force Wrestling to shed the image that has haunted the company from the Dixie Carter era. Jeff Jarrett, founder of GFW, conducted an interview with Sports Illustrated and spoke of the legal battles involving the “Broken” Hardys. Jarrett didn’t say much other than intellectual property belongs to the publisher, which would be Impact Wrestling. Jeff also talked about a five year plan to reinvigorate the company including video on demand and live events.
- Rumors are abound that The Colons have requested their release from WWE. SuperLuchas.com fueled this by speculating about tee shirts being sold outside the WWE. Fanning the flames, WWC, a promotion in Puerto Rico owned by Carlos Colon, tweeted the article. This appears to be a weak rumor, but The Colons leaving WWE is a possibility even without the rumors.
Sold Out Shows: How You Can Still Get Tickets! Order or Enter To Win Your "Extremes" Slamcrate Today!