WWE News and Rumors | January 19, 2017
- Kurt Angle stated he wants “Stone Cold” Steve Austin to be the one to induct him in this years coming Wrestlemania in Orlando.
- Randy Orton was involved in an incident with a picture seeking fan at a gym in Arkansas. After being interrupted in between sets Orton was photographed without his consent and allegedly delivered an obscenity laced tirade on the culprit. Randy then finished his set and told everyone to enjoy their workouts.
- Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg is expected to go on last at Wrestlemania 33 as the true main event. This might lead to speculation that one of the two will become Universal Champion by the event.
- Michael Cole is transitioning to an off-air backstage role in the future. He is currently grooming his potential replacements. Cole is still undefeated at Wrestlemania.
- Speaking of Jerry Lawler, he will be announcing the Royal Rumble match itself at the PPV.
- WWE Network is said be finalizing a deal to carry Insane Championship Wrestling, a top independent in the United Kingdom.
- Darren Young has injured his right elbow after an apron bump in a match taped for Main Event vs Epico. No timetable available for recovery as of press time.
- Tajiri is still out of commission from an knee injury sustained in early January in NXT.